Wednesday, February 29, 2012

"May be the most curious place left on Earth.."

The Faroe Islands (Føroyar) are an island group situated between the Norwegian Sea and the North Atlantic Ocean, approximately halfway between Scotland and Iceland
My biggest dream is to go there! This is the only territory related to Scandinavia, which I didn't visited:) People there (although there are only 35000 population) speak beautiful and extremely complicated faroese language, which is closer to icelandic (or even nørrønt) than to norwegian or swedish. 
I have never received postcard from Føroyar, but some good guys from Germany and USA sent me some view cards in envelope:
Town Tofrir - actually a village

Wounderful place.. no trees, no people, no animals!

Torshavn - capital of Faroe islands

Actually I don't like multiview, but this card is amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment